I was craving pretzels the other day and decided that I would try to make them myself. I found a bread machine pretzel recipe that looked good, so I tried it out.
Here’s the recipe if you feel adventurous! ;)
1 1/4 C Water
3 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg, separated
1 TBS Oil
1tsp Lemon Juice
2 TBS Sugar
1/8 tsp White Pepper
1 TBS Active Dry Yeast
1 TBS Water
- Place water, flour, salt, egg YOLK, oil, lemon juice, sugar, pepper & yeast into your bread machine.
- Run on “Dough” cycle.
- Remove dough when complete and place on floured countertop.
- Cut dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each into a rope (approx 14” long)
- Shape each rope into a pretzel
- Place on greased cookie sheet about 1” apart.
- Whisk together egg white & 1TBS water.
- Brush each pretzel w/egg mixture
- sprinkle with Salt, Kosher salt, or sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 min.
- Pretzels will be golden brown.
- Leave off the Salt, after baking brush with butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Add 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese to dough, after baking brush with butter and sprinkle with more cheese