Today I made Molasses Cookies along with Snickerdoodles, Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Temptations, and Whipped Shortbread Cookies.
This is the Molasses Cookie Recipe I followed.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick of butter)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 and 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- granulated sugar to roll the dough
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and blend thoroughly
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in molasses, egg, and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture until dough is smooth.
- Chill dough
- Roll dough into heaping tablespoons and roll into granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. Cool completely on wire rack.