Today I made Caramel Corn as well as Soft Peanut Butter Brittle, Turtle Candies, and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels. It was a very productive day. Here is the recipe for the Caramel Corn.
- 1/2 cup uncooked popcorn (or) 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray/butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make popcorn according to package directions.
- In a saucepan, melt brown sugar, molasses,butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a simmer, stir often.
- When temperature reaches 250 degrees on a candy thermometer (about 5 minutes) it is ready.
- Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn. Coat completely.
- Spread popcorn evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Stirring every 20 minutes.
- Let it cool before breaking up into pieces. Store leftover in a sealed container. Makes 5 cups.