We made some salt ornaments this morning. We did handprints and I also did footprints as well for Weston.
I think they turned out really well.
If you want to make some salt ornaments for you and your family here are the ingredients and instructions.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- Mix ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Knead dough for 7-10 minutes or until soft and smooth.
- Roll out to your desired thickness on a floured surface.
- Create your ornaments.
- Pole a hole in each for hanging (with a straw or skewer)
- Either bake in the oven at 200 degrees for a couple of hours or air dry for a few days until dry.
- You can paint it or leave it the way it is. If you paint it you will want to spray a couple of coats of poly to seal and help it last.
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!